Zoë Binning Ltd. Equality, Sustainability & Environmental Policies
Equal Opportunities Statement
Our Company is committed to a policy of equal opportunities, diversity and inclusion for all sub-contractors, employees, clients and suppliers. At all times, the Company aims to:
- Select, recruit, develop and promote the very best people, basing judgement solely on suitability for the job;
- Ensure all applicants and employees receive fair and equal treatment irrespective of sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy and maternity, nationality, colour, race, national origin, religion or belief, age or disability;
- Maintain a working environment free from harassment and intimidation;
- Ensure that existing and new legislative Acts based on a stated right to equal treatment are strictly adhered to;
- Deal speedily and effectively with any complaints of alleged discrimination and/or harassment, ensuring all such complaints are fully investigated and that remedial action is taken where necessary.
All sub-contractors and employees are required to comply with the Company’s policy on equal opportunities. Any employee found to be in breach of the policy, including discriminating, bullying or harassing another employee or any third party associated with Zoë Binning Ltd., or inducing or instructing another sub-contractor or employee to breach the policy, will be subject to the Company’s Disciplinary Procedure.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer.
The Company is committed to being a successful, caring and welcoming place for all sub-contractors and employees. We want to create a supportive and inclusive environment where our team members can reach their full potential, without prejudice and discrimination. We are committed to a culture where respect and understanding is fostered and the diversity of people's backgrounds and circumstances will be positively valued.
Sustainability & Environmental Policy
Zoë Binning Ltd. recognises our environmental responsibility and is completely committed to working towards a sustainable future and lowering our carbon footprint, endeavouring to become an environmentally friendly business.
“We endeavour to become a recognised leader within the wedding & events industry, to minimise our carbon footprint and to support other businesses in our sector to achieve the same.”
As an individual, a business owner and business consultant, I take my social responsibility very seriously.
I strive continually to improve my own businesses practices and am working every day to minimise my carbon footprint within my business and my family life.
As a business, we subscribe to the Green Growth Pledge and also support ‘Buy 1 Give 1’ which is a process of donating to a range of environmental and social charitable causes, both here and abroad for each and every business transaction that we make.
The Green Growth Pledge is part of the specialist sustainability support available through Business Wales and is open to all Welsh SMEs regardless of their industry sector. It provides a practical way for businesses to demonstrate their positive impact on the people and places around them and join a growing community of forward-thinking organisations.
By signing up to the pledge, each company is asked to make a commitment to one or more actions to help them reduce impact or ensure sustainable performance.
The 3 areas of our business that we have identified using the Green Growth Pledge, are:
- Working with responsible suppliers
- Preventing waste and pollution
- Well being of staff and your local community
Actions that we are taking that will lead to sustainability improvements, are:
- Establishing a written criteria based on environmentally sustainable and socially responsible practices to select our suppliers on behalf of our clients.
- Measuring and setting targets to reduce, reuse and recycle waste that we generate in delivering the service throughout our supply chain.
- Creating opportunities for local communities through the venues we operate in - by bringing business opportunities for local companies and job opportunities for local people.